Flamingo Hotels is concerned about privacy issues and wants you to be familiar with
how we collect, use and disclose information. This Privacy Notice describes our
practices in connection with information that we collect through websites operated
by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice (the “Websites”), through
the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and
mobile devices (the “Apps”), and through our social media pages that we control
from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice (collectively, our “Social Media
Pages”), (collectively, including the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages,
the “Services”). This Privacy Notice also applies to our offline collection of information.
The information you provide helps us to operate effectively and continually provide
you with the best hospitality products, services and experiences. Our privacy practices
may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and
legal requirements. Please read the following to learn more about our privacy practices.
Your Acceptance of Our Privacy Notice:
By using the Services, you accept the terms
of this Privacy Notice and the ways we may use your information. If you do not accept
the terms of this Notice, please do not continue to use the Services.
What Information Is Collected and How It Is Collected?
We may collect personal information (which is information that identifies you
or relates to you as an identifiable person) about you such as your:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Financial information
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
- Stay information
- Communication preferences
We may collect information from you when you interact with us such as when you:
- Register for a product or service
- Contact us with a question or request
- Use our Services
- Make a payment for a product or service
- Stay at one of our properties
- Provide a testimonial or story
- Participate in a competition or sweepstake
- Participate in our loyalty program
2. Other Information we collect about you:
- Cookies: This Website uses “cookies”. By using this Website and
terms of this Notice. Cookies are small text files that this Website sends to your
computer for record-keeping purposes and this information is stored in a file on
your computer’s hard drive. Cookies make web surfing and browsing easier for you
by saving your preferences so that we can use these to improve your next visit to
- One of the purposes of cookies is to simplify the use of the Website. A cookie may
save a user’s login details for example, so that the user does not need to login
every time. Cookies, by themselves, do not provide us with your personal information.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” or “temporary” (or “session”) cookies. A persistent
cookie retains user preferences for a particular Website allowing those preferences
to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date
(unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the
other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is
- Cookies are also used for statistical or marketing purposes, to determine how the
Website is used. These cookies are provided by us as well as by third parties (e.g.,
advertising partners). While we do not control or have access to the advertiser
cookies we do permit those cookies to be used on this Website to facilitate tailored
advertising and to monitor patterns of buying specific goods or interest in - for
example, holidays or hobbies. These cookies run advertisements tailored to the user
based on his online buying habits. For a current list of the advertising partners
on this Website from us.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your personal information from
other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media
platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social
media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect
to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain personal information
from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal
information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
- Mobile Devices: When you use access our Services from a mobile
device, we may collect information such as your unique device ID and your location
information. When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may
track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device
accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the
App based on your device number.
How Do We Use Your Information?
The information we collect from you helps us to identify ways that we can continue
to serve you in the best way possible and provide you with personalized products
and services that suit your lifestyle.
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the
Services or an event in which you are attending and changes to our terms, conditions,
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you via
postal mail, email, telephone or SMS.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers
tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and
to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules,
which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal
Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality,
you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s
name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention,
developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying
usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating
and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including
laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to
respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and
government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms
and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates,
you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages
that we may sustain.
We may also aggregate and/or anonymize personal information for research, to improve
our products and services; and for other business purposes.
How Do We Disclose Your Information?
Your information may be disclosed as follows:
How Do We Safeguard Your Information?
- Affiliates: Other Flamingo businesses (our “Affiliates”) which
may jointly use the personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy
- Franchised Hotels, Managed Hotels, Vacation Rentals: We may share
personal information with the owners and operators of our franchised hotels or owners
of hotels that we manage but do not own and timeshare resorts in order to provide
you with services.
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may disclose your information
to vendors and service providers retained by us in connection with our business
such as: travel services companies, financial services companies, property owners’
associations, vacation insurance companies, website hosting, data analysis, payment
processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure
provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, tax and financial
advisers, legal advisers, accountants or auditing services.
- Message Boards: We may make message boards, blogs, and other such
user-generated content facilities available to users. Any information that is disclosed
in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when
deciding to disclose your personal information. We are not responsible for privacy
practices of other users including website operators to whom you provide information.
- Merger or Acquisition: A third party who acquires any part , itself
or any of its Affiliates, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation
or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets.
- Disclosure Permitted by Law: Law enforcement authorities, government
or public agencies, regulators, and/or to any other person having appropriate legal
authority or justification for receipt of your information, if we believe that we
are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims,
or to protect the rights, property or safety of Flamingo or others.
- Anonymized/Aggregated Information: Because aggregated or anonymized
information does not personally identify you, we may use it for any purpose. If
we combine anonymized or aggregated data with personal information, we will treat
the combined information as personal information according to this Privacy Notice.
Choices and Contact Us with Your Questions
- Security of Your Information: We will take reasonable steps to
protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access,
disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical,
electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your information
from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, no security system is 100% secure, thus we cannot ensure the security
of information that you provide to us via the Services. Other Important Information
- Information Provided on Someone Else’s Behalf: If you provide us
with information about someone else, please ensure you have the person’s permission
to do so for the purposes detailed in this Privacy Notice
- Links to Websites: The Services may have links to other websites
that are not operated by us and therefore, we have no control over how these websites
may collect your information. You should read the privacy notices on those other
websites before you submit your information through them.
- Social Media Sites: Please note that we are not responsible for
the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data
security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft,
RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating
system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any
personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection
with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice: From time to time we may revise
this Notice and/or use personal information for new, unanticipated uses not previously
disclosed in this Notice to meet changes in the regulatory or business environment,
or to satisfy the needs of our customers and service providers. Updated and date
stamped versions will be posted on the Services.
- Minors: We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information
from children under 18 years of age, and no part of Services is directed to individuals
under the age of 18.
- International Transfers: We are an international company and we
may, subject to applicable law, transfer your information, to our Affiliates or
selected third parties where information protection standards may differ. For example,
your information may be stored on servers located in other jurisdictions. We will
take steps to help protect your information when it is transferred.
- Retention Period. We will retain your personal information for
the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless
a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
- At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘do not track’ signals, as we await the
work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals
should be interpreted. Third parties, including our service providers, may collect
information about your online activities over time and across different Web sites,
including when you visit our Web site.
- Marketing: We may contact you by email, telephone, SMS or postal
mail with information about products or services offered by Flamingo or a third
party that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out in this way at any time by:
- Access to Information We Hold about You: If you would like to access,
obtain copies, update, correct or request that we suppress or delete any of the
information we hold about you or if you require further information from us about
how we use your information please contact us at